RICO Hotel Ratchadapisek: Bangkok's BEST Kept Secret? (You NEED to See This!)
RICO Hotel Ratchadapisek: Bangkok's BEST Kept Secret? (You NEED to See This!) – A Review From a Real Person (Gush, Grumbles, and Everything In Between!)
Okay, listen up, because I'm about to spill the (chilled) Thai tea on RICO Hotel Ratchadapisek. Is it Bangkok's best kept secret? Well, I'm not sure best is the right word – perfection doesn't really exist, ya know? – but it's definitely a contender. And honestly, after my stay, I'm pretty sure you do need to see this place. So buckle up, because this isn't gonna be your usual sanitized hotel review; it's gonna be the real freakin' deal.
(Rambling Rants & Ravings - The "Getting Started" Phase)
First off, let's be honest. Ratchadapisek isn't exactly the sexiest part of Bangkok. It's business-y, a bit impersonal, dotted with towering office buildings. Picture a slightly less manic, but still imposing, version of Wall Street. But that's exactly what makes RICO so intriguing. It's like… a hidden oasis. A stylish, modern oasis nestled within the concrete jungle.
SEO-Friendly Note (Gotta Get That Google Love!): This review will cover everything you'd expect: hotel review Bangkok, Ratchadapisek hotels, accessible hotels Bangkok, best hotels Bangkok, spa hotel Bangkok, pool hotels Bangkok, free wifi Bangkok, business hotels Bangkok, family friendly hotels Bangkok, luxury hotels Bangkok. Consider it your all-in-one guide!
Accessibility: Is it Wheelchair-Friendly? (Because This REALLY Matters!)
Okay, this is super important. I'm not wheelchair-bound myself, but I always pay attention because everyone deserves a comfortable stay. Wheelchair accessible! The elevators are spacious, the ramps are thoughtfully placed (not like those half-hearted ramps you get in some places!), and the common areas are easy to navigate. Facilities for disabled guests are clearly a priority, which gets a HUGE thumbs up from me. They've clearly thought about this properly.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I'm fairly sure it does, but to be honest, I don't recall needing to check specifically. Given the focus on accessibility elsewhere, I'm confident the restaurant would accommodate. I'd always recommend calling ahead if this is absolutely critical.
Internet Access: More Wi-Fi Than You Can Shake a Stick At! (And Praise the Internet Gods!)
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Wi-Fi in public areas. YES. YES TO ALL OF IT. In a city like Bangkok, where you're constantly researching, mapping, and Instagramming your delicious street food finds, reliable internet is a MUST. RICO delivers. The Wi-Fi was consistently fast, the signal strong. No dropped connections during my crucial Zoom calls (phew!).
(Slipping into the "Rooms" and "Amenities" Vortex)
Rooms: My Haven! (Almost!)
My room? Loved it. Air conditioning, of course (essential in Bangkok!). Blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleeping in. The bed? Comfy, with extra long bed options. Separate shower/bathtub? Check. Bathrobes? Oh yes. Slippers? Luxurious! Free bottled water to avoid the dreaded tap water tummy troubles? Absolute gold. In-room safe box? Peace of mind.
Annoyance Alert: The toiletries were… fine. Nothing spectacular. I'm a sucker for fancy hotel soaps, so maybe they could up their game there. And the mirror felt a little small. Minor, I know, but hey, I'm a detail-oriented person!
Amenities (The Fun Stuff!)
Pool with view: OH. MY. GOD. The infinity pool. Seriously. Staring out over the Bangkok skyline, sipping a cocktail… pure bliss. This is where I spent most of my time, as I'm sure my photos show (because I totally overshared on Instagram).
Fitness Center: I intended to use the Fitness center, but let's be real, after all that pool time and delicious food… It was a no-go for me. Looked well-equipped though!
Spa: I did, however, succumb to the massage at the Spa. And it was HEAVENLY. Seriously, one of the best massages I've ever had. They offer Body scrub and Body wrap options too, but I was all about the classic Thai massage.
Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: I didn't try these, but they're there!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking! My Stomach's Greatest Adventure!
The food! Okay, this is where RICO really shines.
- Restaurants: Several to choose from.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant - Delicious!
- International cuisine in restaurant: Always a safe bet
- Breakfast [buffet]: The Breakfast [buffet] was incredible! Asian breakfast, Western breakfast – they covered everything. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was excellent. Coffee shop. Check. I might have slightly overindulged in the pastries… or maybe not.
- Lunch & Dinner: The A la carte in restaurant options were amazing. I tried the Salad in restaurant, and the Soup in restaurant and loved both. Happy hour! Poolside bar for those cocktails.
- Room service [24-hour]: Crucial after a long day of exploring.
- Snack bar: handy for a quick bite between adventures.
- Bottle of water, they offer water in my room and at the restaurant.
- Vegetarian restaurant: I did not see any but the restaurant has alternative meal arrangement.
Safety & Cleanliness: Did It Feel Safe? (Spoiler: Mostly Yes!)
Cleanliness is top-notch: Daily housekeeping. Super important, especially in current times. They have: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
Security: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Front desk [24-hour], Security [24-hour], Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Smoke detector. I also felt super-safe.
COVID-19 (The Elephant In The Room That Matters):
Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol, Hygiene certification. They take this stuff seriously, which I really appreciated. They also have, Individual-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
Services and Conveniences: Lots of Perks!
Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Elevator, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Currency exchange, Ironing service, Dry cleaning, Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, Gift/souvenir shop, Food delivery, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service.
Things To Do & Ways to Relax: Beyond the Pool (Maybe!)
There's a gym, fitness, spa/sauna, swimming pool [outdoor], sauna, steamroom, swimming pool, but let's be honest, you're probably going to want to get out and explore Bangkok! The Concierge can help with that (although sometimes it's easier to use a ride-sharing app!) There are also events such as seminars and more.
For the Kids (If You're Bringing Little Ones):
They're Family/child friendly. I saw Babysitting service, which is a major bonus for parents. I can't speak to the specific Kids facilities since I didn't have any kids with me.
(The "Good Stuff" – What Made It Great!)
- The Staff: Seriously, the staff. They are genuinely friendly, helpful, and always smiling. They made the experience so much more pleasant.
- The Vibe: Modern, stylish, and somehow still relaxing. It's got that perfect blend of luxury and comfort.
- The Location: Close to the MRT, making it easy to get around the city.
- The Pool! I mean… come on!
(The "Not So Good Stuff" – Because I'm Honest!)
- The Location (Again?): While convenient for transport, Ratchadapisek isn't the prettiest area. You'll be spending your days elsewhere. Just be aware.
- The Noise: It is in a busy city, so some level of traffic noise could be expected.
(The Verdict: Should You Book?!)
Okay, so the big question: would I recommend RICO Hotel Ratchadapisek? Absolutely, YES! It's a fantastic hotel that hits the sweet spot between luxury
Unbelievable Austria Escape: Hotel Neuwirt Awaits!Alright, buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is the RICO Hotel Ratchadapisek 32 survival guide, or, you know, a "plan" loosely based on things I hope to get done. Buckle up, because it might get a little… well, me.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Bangkok Brain-Melt
- 8:00 AM (ish - let's be real): Actually, it's more like "whenever the jet lag decides to release me from its cold, clammy grip." Wake up, disoriented, in a room that looks stunning in the pictures but smells faintly of… well, something. Air freshener's my new best friend. Briefly consider running back to the airport. Don't.
- 9:00 AM: (Theoretically) Breakfast. Scrounge for the hotel breakfast buffet. My expectations: high. Reality: questionable. I'll assess the situation. Will it be a triumph of mini-pancakes? Or a depressing array of congealed scrambled eggs? This is crucial. My entire Bangkok experience hinges on my reaction to these eggs. Deep breath.
- 11:00 AM: The BTS Skytrain Baptism. Okay, I have to do this. Everyone says the BTS is the way to go. I’m picturing myself confidently swiping a card, navigating the crowds like a local, and feeling thoroughly smug. More realistically, I'll probably end up on the wrong line, accidentally elbowing someone, and sweating profusely. Wish me luck.
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: First Temple, First Panic. Okay, I’m going to try Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). I've read the guidebooks, I know "covered shoulders", I know "respect." But honestly, will my (probably) sunburned shoulders really offend the gods? Thoughts and prayers. Photo shoot, followed by a desperate search for air conditioning and a cold Singha beer. This whole “temple” thing is intense. Like, culturally significant but also, damn, it's hot.
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Street Food Roulette. The street food. The stories. The potential for food poisoning. I'm going to be brave. I am. I'm thinking Pad Thai, maybe. Or a mango sticky rice. I'll report back. I swear. (If I'm not, look for my obituary in the next travel blog.)
- 3:00 PM- 5:00 PM: The Grand Palace Gamble. Okay, the Grand Palace is supposed to be THE thing. But I heard it's crowded. And hot. And you can't wear ripped jeans? What does one even DO in the Bangkok summer? I will try to remain calm. I will try to appreciate the art. I will try to not faint from heat exhaustion. This is going to be a test.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Relax (Maybe?) Back to the hotel. I'm going to attempt to decompress. Maybe cool off in the hotel pool. Mostly will be avoiding the sun, drinking Singha, and mentally preparing for whatever tomorrow brings.
- 7:00 PM onwards: Night Market Mayhem. The night market. The smells. The noise! I'm going to get lost. I'm going to buy things I don't need. I'm going to sweat some more. I'm going to eat some more street food. I might even try to haggle. (Wish me luck. I'm terrible at it.) This might be the best part! This feels the most authentic!
Day 2: Cultivating the Chaos (and Shopping)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast Round Two: The Egg Judgment. The eggs… were not great. But coffee, on the other hand…
- 10:00 AM: Chatuchak Weekend Market, Prepare to Lose Your Mind. This is massive. Prepare for sensory overload. Prepare to buy things you absolutely do not need but must have. Prepare to haggle (with your new, shaky bargaining skills). Prepare for the heat! Drink water. Find a fan. Repeat.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the Market. Street food again. Gotta keep fueling the shopping frenzy! Gotta try some of those weird fruits, right? Durian? Maybe not. Still trying to play it safe.
- 3:00 PM: Massage Mission. Thai massage is a must-do. (Or so I'm told.) Feeling my muscles ache already. Gonna find someplace a step above the "massage parlor" I saw on my way in. Pray for me to actually relax. Pray that I don't giggle awkwardly when my back cracks.
- 5:00 PM: River Cruise. (Or Attempt Thereof.) Trying to do a river cruise, if time allows. I hear the light is stunning. But I also want to avoid crowds. A relaxing river cruise might be exactly what I need. OR I could just get lost in a different market. Decisions, decisions.
- 7:00 PM: Drinks + Dinner. Somewhere with aircon and good food. Or, you know… a 7-Eleven.
- 8:00 PM: Strolling by the River. The nightlife is buzzing, and I'm too broke for anything too fancy.
Day 3: The Farewell (and the Final, Possibly Regrettable, Meal)
- 9:00 AM: Last Breakfast. The eggs and I are having a final showdown. Will I learn from my experience, or will I make the same mistakes? Stay tuned!
- 10:00 AM: The Last Shopping Spree. One last mad dash for souvenirs (for myself, of course). Or, you know, just wandering around aimlessly, staring at things I can no longer afford.
- 12:00 PM: The "I Survived Bangkok" celebratory meal. I NEED a final Pad Thai. Somewhere delicious. Somewhere that makes up for the questionable hotel eggs. Somewhere that doesn't give me food poisoning.
- 2:00 PM: Pack and Try to Remember Where I Put My Passport. Ugh, packing. After all this fun? Still not sure what to do with all my new purchases…
- 3:00 PM: Depart. Off to the airport. Refection, or at least, a halfhearted attempt. My brain is fried, my feet hurt, and I'm already dreaming of my next trip to Thailand. See ya, Bangkok, it was… an experience.
Ramblings, Real Talk, and General Disclaimers:
- Expectation vs. Reality: This is not a perfect plan. Things will go wrong. Schedules will be blown. I will get lost. I will sweat. I will probably end up in a cat cafe. That's okay. Embrace the chaos.
- Food Safety: I will try to be cautious about street food. But let's be honest, a little food poisoning is practically a rite of passage, right? (Please don't sue me.)
- Heat: Hydrate. Seriously. Drink water. Lots of water.
- Me: I'm easily distracted. I get hangry. I'm a terrible photographer. I'm basically just winging it.
- Be Flexible: This is a suggestion, not a contract. Do what feels right. Don't be afraid to deviate.
- Most Importantly: Have fun. Bangkok is a wild ride. Enjoy the chaos.
- Hotel: I am paying attention to the hotel this trip. The pool? The staff? The elevator situation. Will it be good? I will report back.
- Extra note I need to remember to bring power adapter.
Alright, wish me luck! (And maybe send some Immodium.) I'll let you know how it goes… eventually.
Luxury Japanese Apartment in Hanoi's Linh Lang: Your Dream Getaway Awaits!RICO Hotel Ratchadapisek: Bangkok's BEST Kept Secret? (You NEED to See This!) - The Unfiltered Truth
Okay, spill it. Is RICO Hotel REALLY that amazing? All the hype, is it legit?
Alright, alright, settle down! Look, "amazing" is a loaded word. It's not like the hotel is going to suddenly sprout wings and carry you off into the sunset. But… yes, for the price, the location, and that *vibe*? Absolutely. Think of it like finding a ten-dollar bill in a lost jacket pocket. Pure joy! I mean, I was skeptical. I’m a cynical travel blogger, I’ve seen it all. But then I walked into that lobby… and… well, I’ll get to that. It's not perfect, obviously. No hotel is. But it’s got a certain something. Let's just say... *it grew on me.*
What's the VIBE like? Describe the *atmosphere*! (Without using the word "chill," please.)
Okay, so the vibe… It's… *buzzy*. Like that feeling right before a really good party. Not like a rave, mind you. Unless *you* want to turn it into a rave. I'm talking about a low-key, stylish buzz. The lobby is *gorgeous*. Think modern, minimalist, but with quirky art and pops of color. One time, I saw this elderly couple, clearly not used to "Instagrammable" locations, taking a selfie with the giant pineapple sculpture near the entrance. They were both beaming! That's the kind of place it is. A little bit trendy, a little bit welcoming. There's a certain... *je ne sais quoi*. You know? You'll feel like a local, a tourist, and a cool person all rolled into one. It gives off the impression that you are staying in a trendy modern art museum, where you are encouraged to take pictures. I kind of love it.
Location, location, LOCATION! Is it actually convenient? (Or am I going to be stuck in traffic hell?)
This is HUGE. Ratchadapisek is… well, it’s not smack-dab in the middle of *everything* like maybe Sukhumvit. But that’s the POINT! It's close enough to the MRT (subway), like *really* close. Minutes! So you're instantly connected to the whole city. Plus, you're right by the Esplanade Ratchadapisek shopping mall. I went to see a movie there. Didn’t understand a word of it (Thai subtitles, duh!), but the popcorn was fire. And... the night market! Oh, the night market. Seriously, bring your appetite. And maybe some antacids. Traffic *can* be a pain at peak hours, but the MRT makes it mostly manageable. Trust me, the location is a massive win.
Tell me about the rooms! Are they… tiny and depressing?
Alright, let's be real. Bangkok hotels, especially at this price point, don't always have palatial suites. The rooms at RICO are… well, they're cleverly designed. Space is used *efficiently*. My room was clean, modern, and had everything I needed. The bed was comfortable (a HUGE win for me!), the air con worked (another essential!), and the Wi-Fi was reliable (I needed to blog, duh!). There's a *huge* window. I got a deluxe room, and it was spacious enough. They also have some suites, and the best part is, they are not *that* much more expensive. You can probably upgrade without breaking the bank. The best selling point for me, it was not depressing, so that is always a plus.
The food... what's the deal with the breakfast? Is it sad, microwaved, or amazing?
Okay, the breakfast at RICO is… good. Not Michelin-star good, but solid. They have the usual suspects: eggs (cooked to order!), bacon (crispy!), toast, fruit, cereal, and some Thai options – which, by the way, are *always* worth trying. I had the congee one morning and it was just what I needed after the night market's street food extravaganza, which was an experience by itself. It's not a huge spread, but it's enough to fuel you for a day of exploring. And the coffee is actually decent. I value a good cup of coffee, and I was pleasantly surprised. My only gripe? The coffee machine gets a bit backed up during peak breakfast hours. But hey, you're in Thailand! Patience, grasshopper! Also, there are tons of cafes nearby if you're a breakfast snob.
Is there a pool? Because, hello, it's Bangkok.
Yep! There's a pool. It's not massive, like Olympic-sized, but it's perfect for a refreshing dip after a day of temple hopping or market wandering. It's on the rooftop, so you get a decent view. I saw a couple of kids splashing around, which was cute. I didn't spend *hours* there, but I did enjoy it. It’s a welcome oasis from the Bangkok heat. I really wish I had spent more time there! It's one of those things where, if you are not in the pool, you are in the heat, or in air conditioning, and those can get tiresome. The fact they have one is awesome.
Can you give me one specific moment that really stands out about your stay?
Okay, here's a moment. One night, I was wandering around the lobby, grabbing a late-night snack from the vending machine (they have good snacks, by the way). There was this older Thai couple, probably in their 60s, sitting on the funky modern furniture, holding hands and just… *smiling*. They were clearly locals, maybe checking in for a staycation or something. They didn't notice me. But their faces, the easy comfort, the quiet joy… it just… *felt* good. It’s a small thing, but it summed up the feeling I got about the whole place. It's a hotel with a soul, you know? It has an effect on people, even those just passing through. You can feel it. It's not just a place to sleep; it's a place that... makes you feel *good*. I’m tearing up a little now. Damn.