Ein Kerem's Hidden Gem: The Hotel You NEED to Book in Israel!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I’m about to spill the tea (or should I say, the holy water?) on Ein Kerem’s Hidden Gem: the hotel you ABSOLUTELY NEED to book in Israel. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotels; this place feels like stepping into a secret, sun-drenched haven carved into the Judean hills. And trust me, I’ve been around the block (and the ancient cobblestone streets of Jerusalem) – this place is special.
The Heart of the Matter: Location, Location, Location (and Accessibility, Baby!)
First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me. I need a place that doesn't expect me to be an Olympic gymnast to navigate. And let me tell you, Ein Kerem's Hidden Gem gets it. While they're not perfect (I will rant later), they do make a genuine effort. They have elevators, ramps, and rooms designed with accessibility in mind. It's not just a checkbox for them, which is seriously refreshing. They're listed under Accessibility, Wheelchair accessible and Facilities for disabled guests and for a good reason.
Rambling on the Room, Glorious Room, and (Some Minor Annoyances)
Okay, let’s talk rooms. Oh, glorious rooms! They're listed here under Available in all rooms. I’m a sucker for a good room. Let’s be honest, it's where I spend most of my time relaxing with a book! So, the rooms here are just gorgeous. Think exposed stone, plush bedding, and windows that practically beg you to lean out and soak in the view. They have everything you could want:
Additional toilet (always a plus, especially after that falafel.)
Air conditioning (essential in the Israeli heat, listed as Air conditioning )
Alarm clock (yes, I need to wake up and go on an adventure or lay by the pool.
Bathrobes (because who doesn’t love feeling like a pampered prince/princess?)
Bathroom phone (okay, maybe a little weird, but hey, options!)
Bathtub, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower (Choice, what more can you ask?)
Blackout curtains (My sleep is sacred!)
Carpeting (so nice to lay down on a rug, after a long day of walking)
Closet (for all my fabulous outfits)
Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Coffee maker (the most important part of the day. I love coffee!)
Daily housekeeping (cleanliness is next to godliness, right?)
Desk, Laptop workspace (gotta answer those emails eventually).
Extra long bed (because I'm a bit of a spread-out sleeper).
Free bottled water, Mini bar (hydration is key!)
Hair dryer, Scale (because…why not?)
High floor (for the views!)
In-room safe box (peace of mind is priceless)
Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless (gonna need to catch up on my shows)
Ironing facilities (because wrinkles are not chic).
Linens, Towels, Slippers (all the soft things!)
Mirror (for self-admiration, obviously).
On-demand movies (for those lazy evenings).
Private bathroom, Toiletries (because who wants to share?)
Reading light (for those late-night reads).
Refrigerator (for the aforementioned mini-bar goodies).
Satellite/cable channels (gotta have my TV)
Seating area (for sprawling out).
Smoke detector, Smoke alarms (safety first, people!)
Socket near the bed (because charging your phone across the room is just…wrong).
Sofa (for lounging).
Soundproofing (Soundproof rooms (oh, thank the heavens!)
Telephone (for those important calls).
Umbrella (because you never know).
Visual alarm (for peace of mind)
Wake-up service (for those days when I hit snooze way too many times).
Wi-Fi [free] (as it should be!)
Window that opens (AIR!)
Internet access – Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services and Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (because, duh, you can't survive without it these days!)
Room decorationsRoom decorations (a nice touch!)
Now, the imperfections (because, let's be real, no place is perfect): While they've got the accessibility thing down pat, the Wi-Fi in my room was a tad spotty at times. Annoying, but fixable. Also, the lighting in my room was a little…dim. I like to see what I'm doing, people! I'm listing those as minor imperfections. One more thing, the walls weren't soundproof - it's listed as Soundproof rooms. I did hear the neighbors, but wasn't majorly annoying.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Disappointment)
Okay, let’s talk food. Because, let’s be honest, a good hotel can make or break a trip. This place gets a solid “A” for effort. The breakfast buffet (listed as Breakfast [buffet] and Buffet in restaurant) is a feast! Seriously, your eyes will pop. Freshly baked bread, mountains of fruit, cheeses that actually taste like something…and the coffee! (Coffee/tea in restaurant). I almost didn't make it out the front door.
The main restaurant (listed here as Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Restaurants, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant) is great too, though I did think the dinner menu was a tad overpriced. It is high-end, with incredible Asian cuisine (listed as Asian cuisine in restaurant and Asian breakfast) but a hamburger would hurt your wallet. But hey, you're on vacation! Treat yourself. On the plus side, they do offer Alternative meal arrangement!
Now, here's where I get a little…grumpy. Room service! (listed as Room service [24-hour]) Great in theory, but the food came lukewarm, and it took forever. That also went for the Breakfast in room. It's a minor inconvenience, but if you're starving at 2 am, you might want to go downstairs. They do, however, have a Snack bar, Poolside bar and a Bar, so that's good.
Relaxation: Pools, Pampering, and Pure Bliss (The Good Stuff!)
This is where Ein Kerem’s Hidden Gem really shines. Things to do and Relaxation are the name of the game. They have a gorgeous Swimming pool [outdoor] (and a Swimming pool), a fabulous Spa, massage (Massage), and Sauna (they have a Spa/sauna, and Steamroom). The Pool with view is the place to be. The Fitness center is well-equipped, if you're into torture.
I spent an entire afternoon by the pool, and I swear, I could have floated there forever. The view alone is worth the price of admission. I also had a massage (listed as Massage) that was so good, I could barely walk. (I'm not kidding - it was pure, unadulterated bliss). I was also trying the Body scrub, and Body wrap.
Now, I will admit, I didn't get to try everything. They also have a Foot bath, and a Gym/fitness I could also not reach the gym, but the experience was not as good as the pool.
Safety & Cleanliness: A Breath of Fresh Air (Literally!)
In today's world, safety is paramount. And Ein Kerem's Hidden Gem takes it seriously. They're listed here as Cleanliness and safety. They have gone above and beyond with safety protocols:
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol and Sterilizing equipment
- CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property
- Check-in/out [private] and Check-in/out [private]
- Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour
- Hand sanitizer
- **Lug
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your Instagram-perfect travel diary. This is the truth… the messy, glorious, slightly-hangover-fueled truth of trying to have a chill time in Ein Kerem, Israel, and staying at that hotel that looked AMAZING online (fingers crossed it still does in real life!).
Day 1: Arrival, Altitude, and the Accidental Falafel Addiction
- Morning (ish): Landed in Tel Aviv. Jet lag? Oh, honey, it's a vibe. Thought I'd be all zen and yoga-ready, but I think I just drooled on the customs form. Taxi to Ein Kerem. The drive? Gorgeous! The hills… they look like something out of a movie, all dusty olive trees and sun-drenched stone. (Quirky Observation): I swear, the air smells of ancient wisdom and… maybe the lingering scent of a really good shawarma.
- Afternoon: Finally, the hotel! "Ein Kerem Hotel," right? Booked it months ago. Praying it's not a renovated broom closet. Deep breath… Okay, actually… it’s pretty charming. Stone walls, little courtyard. Still, the lobby is a little… sparse. Maybe minimal is the new maximal? Whatever, I need coffee. And sleep.
- Afternoon (cont.): wandered around, Trying to find a cafe. I'm hungry. The hotel restaurant is closed. I get a coffee and just stare at the view… for a long time. The air is crisp, and the views are amazing.
- Early Evening: Found a little place with a sign that just said "Falafel." Alright, fine. I was not prepared for the explosion of flavor. (Emotional Reaction): I think I'm in love. This isn't just falafel; it's a religious experience. Crunchy outside, fluffy inside, the tahini… chef's kiss. I might eat falafel for every meal. Don't judge me.
- Evening: Tried to stroll around the town. Got lost almost instantly. The streets wind like a rambunctious toddler. Gave up and went back to the hotel. Found a tiny balcony. Sipping local wine and watching the sunset. It's actually pretty decent.
Day 2: Holy Sites, Hype, and a Hangover
- Morning (bleary-eyed): Okay, let's be honest, the local wine's quality was inversely proportional to the amount I consumed last night. Head is throbbing. Coffee and a serious contemplation of whether falafel cures hangovers.
- Morning (cont.): Decided to see the Church of St. John the Baptist. Everyone raves about it; it's supposed to be this incredible thing. Alright, alright, let's do this… wait a minute… it's staircases. Literally carved into the cliff. Like, what in the world? Finally get to the top. View is incredible.
- Afternoon: Wandered past the church, past the spring of Mary. This place is steeped in history, you know? It is a religious and historical place to visit.
- Afternoon (cont.): Okay, so… about that falafel addiction… Went back for seconds. Maybe thirds. There's a serious problem here. I blame the jet lag. My friend who told me to come here, she's probably laughing her head off right now
- Evening: Dinner at the hotel. It's better than I expected! The service, excellent and on point! I enjoyed the live music! They play traditional music. I was alone but felt like I belonged.
Day 3: Exploration, Regret, and the Search for a Decent Souvenir (and More Falafel!)
- Morning: Okay, the church was cool, but I need a break from the holy sites. Exploring.
- Morning (cont.): Hiked down to the spring, and it was a fun hike. The water was ice-cold. Not gonna lie, I didn't love it.
- Afternoon: Went shopping for souvenirs. Everything's… expensive. I'm not a souvenir person, but I did try to find something for my cousins.
- Afternoon (cont.): More falafel. What else can I say. The owner of the place now knows my order by heart. Slightly embarrassing.
- Evening: Packed my bags. It's a bittersweet feeling. I'm ready to go back. But, also… I'm slightly sad to be leaving this small town.
Day 4: Departure, Reflections, and the Falafel Legacy
- Morning: Farewell, Ein Kerem! Final glimpse of the olive trees. Final falafel order (obviously). Taxi back to Tel Aviv.
- Afternoon: Contemplating everything. The hills, the sunsets, the stone walls, the falafel.
- Evening: Headed to the airport. I left a piece of my heart – and a good chunk of my stomach – there. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I pace myself with the falafel next time? Probably not.
Messy Wrap-Up:
So yeah, Ein Kerem. It's beautiful. It's historical. It's… falafel-filled. My biggest takeaway? Apparently, I'm powered by chickpeas and tahini now. And maybe, just maybe, I need to invest in some more comfortable shoes. This trip was a whirlwind of experiences. I will visit again.
Indonesian Paradise: Your Romantic Getaway Awaits (K211 Club Room)