Parisian Paradise: Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the shimmering, possibly slightly chaotic, world of the Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare – Parisian Paradise! Expect a review less glossy brochure, more "me-after-a-week-in-Paris-fueled-by-caffeine-and-sheer-elation." And yes, there will be tangents. Lots of them.
First Impressions & The "Almost-Didn't-Find-It" Tango:
Okay, let's be real. Finding this place was an adventure, a little Parisian scavenger hunt. You know how sometimes Google Maps thinks it knows where it's going? Yeah. Ended up wandering around the Saint Lazare station, muttering under my breath, convinced I'd wandered into a black hole of baguettes and berets. But hey, that's Paris, right? Part of the charm (and the cardio). Finally, bam! There it was, tucked away like a secret, this gorgeous hotel. A sigh of relief was the first feeling. Then a "Whoa."
Accessibility: The Good, the Not-Quite-Perfect (But Trying!)
Now, about accessibility. This is crucial, and I'm always hyper-aware of it. They definitely are trying! There's an elevator, which, honestly, is a lifesaver in any Parisian building. They list "Facilities for disabled guests," and there's a lot of information here. The staff seems genuinely helpful, which is huge. I didn't personally need full wheelchair access, but from what I saw, it looked pretty decent. Check with the hotel directly for your specific needs – always the best bet.
Rooms: Parisian Chic Meets (Mostly) Practicality
My room? Okay, a massive sigh of happiness. Yes, it had everything. Seriously, a little haven. What I loved:
- Free Wi-Fi, in the room: It's a must-have, and it worked flawlessly. Seriously. The amount of Instagram stories I uploaded… don't ask.
- Air Conditioning: Crucial! The Parisian heat can be brutal.
- Blackout Curtains: Hallelujah! Slept like a baby (mostly).
- Bathtub: Bubble bath bliss after a day of Parisian adventures.
- Free Bottled Water: Hydration is key, my friends.
- The Bed: Okay, I'm a bed snob, and this one was AMAZING. It was a huge, fluffy, heavenly cloud. I could have stayed in bed all day, every day.
Things I'm Not Sure about:
- The Bathroom: Very fancy. It did the job, but not my favorite.
- The View: It wasn't terrible, wasn't great.
- Room Sanitation: I never opt-out of rooms being sanitized after stays.
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Secure, Mostly
This is super important these days, obviously. The Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare seems to take it seriously. They've got:
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocols.
- Daily disinfection in common areas.
- A few other things listed.
This is a MUST for all hotels.
Food & Drink: A Parisian Feast (and a Few Hiccups)
Breakfast: The buffet was a highlight. Croissants? Oh. My. Goodness. The croissants alone were worth the trip!
Restaurants: The on-site restaurant, well, let's just say it had moments of brilliance and moments of… less brilliance. The a la carte menu has a lot to show for themselves, but is a little lacking.
Poolside bar: The cocktails were strong, maybe a bit too strong. The location is gorgeous. Be prepared to get a little tipsy and stare at the beautiful water.
To get out of the building: Getting around town, there's taxi service and access to the airport, which is great for anyone. There's also free car parking for those who need.
For The Kids: Babysitting and kids facilities are available, which is certainly helpful, but I did not need this.
Hotel Paradise or Purgatory? The Verdict:
Okay, overall? Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare – Parisian Paradise? Absolutely. And that's saying something.
It's luxurious, it's well-located (once you find it!), the staff is fantastic, and the croissants are legendary. Yes, it's not perfect. Nothing ever is. But imperfections are what make life interesting.
My Offer: The "Joie de Vivre" Getaway!
Ready to escape into Parisian bliss? Book your stay at the Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare now and get:
- A complimentary welcome bottle of French wine!
- Early check-in/late check-out (subject to availability – we all need a little extra time to enjoy those croissants!).
- A discount on a spa treatment of your choice!
- Free access to the hotel's fitness center and pool (because, balance!).
*But HURRY! This offer is only valid for the next 30 days!
Don't just dream of Paris. Live it. Book your unforgettable stay at the Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare today!
Parisian Nights: Unveiling France's Secret Love AffairAlright, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your average "perfectly curated" itinerary. This is my attempt at a week in the Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare, France. Expect chaos. Expect me to get lost. Expect me to cry over a croissant. You have been warned.
PRE-TRIP PANIC & PACKING PITFALLS
- Day 0 (aka The Day Before Departure, Filled with Dread)
- 10:00 AM: Wake up in a cold sweat. Did I book the right flight? Did I pack my passport? (Spoiler alert: I hoped I packed my passport.) Cue the frantic search of the house. Find passport, thank the heavens.
- 12:00 PM: Packing meltdown. "What do French people wear?" "Am I too old to wear that floral dress?" "Do I really need those five pairs of shoes?" End result: Overstuffed suitcase that barely zips. Worth it. Probably.
- 6:00 PM: The realization hits - gotta exchange currency. Find a bank that's open past 5 PM. Doesn't exist. Rely on the airport exchange rate. Prepare for robbery.
- 9:00 PM: Try to get some sleep. Fail miserably. Ruminate on all the things I forgot (like phone chargers. Always the phone chargers.)
WEEK OF WOES (AND WONDERS) IN FRANCE
Day 1: Arrival & The Croissant Catastrophe
- 7:00 AM (GMT+2, because jet lag is a beast): Arrive at Charles de Gaulle Airport. Feel like I'm drowning in a sea of chic Parisian women. Immediately feel inadequate.
- 9:00 AM: Taxi to Paris. The cab driver has zero English, but manages to communicate with me through a combination of hand gestures and dramatic pronouncements about French traffic. It's beautiful.
- 11:00 AM: Train to Saint-Lazare. Finally! The hotel is supposed to be charming. Praying it doesn't live up to the "rustic" reviews – give me clean, people!
- 1:00 PM: Check in at Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare. The hotel is… well, it's a hotel. The lobby smells faintly of lavender and something that might be old cigarettes. Charm is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
- 2:00 PM: The Croissant Catastrophe. Decide to celebrate my survival of travel by finding the perfect croissant. Wander into a local bakery. Pick a beautiful, golden, impossibly flakey croissant. Bite into it. Discover it's…dry. My heart breaks. Grieve the moment.
- 3:00 PM Try to get over the croissant tragedy by exploring the neighborhood. Very charming, despite my tragedy.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a bistro. Order something I can't pronounce. The waiter doesn't understand I ordered a glass of water. End up with a bottle. Learn to love the French. Or learn to love them eventually.
- 9:00 PM: Fall asleep with my clothes on. Jet lag wins again.
Day 2: Golf! (Or, the Attempt)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. The bed is actually pretty comfy! Feeling slightly less travel-worn.
- 9:30 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The croissants… are better. Still not the perfect, life-changing croissant, but acceptable. (Small victories!)
- 10:30 AM: Attempt to play golf. (I emphasize "attempt.") Hire a golf cart. Feel ridiculously fancy.
- 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: The golfing experience. Let's just say I spent more time in the sand traps than on the green. My swing is atrocious. I lost a golf ball to a particularly aggressive bush. Laugh (mostly at myself). Enjoy the beautiful scenery. Convince myself I look almost like a pro.
- 3:00 PM: Collapse in the hotel's lounge. Sip an overpriced spritzer. Reflect on the sheer ridiculousness of my day.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The "special" is something with duck. Hesitate. Order it. Actually pretty good. Score!
Day 3: Wandering & Wailing (Maybe Over More Croissants)
- 9:00 AM: Walk around discovering what the area has to offer.
- 10:30 AM: Find a charming little cafe. Order another croissant (because: French). This one is… better! Rejoice! Life is good again.
- 12:00 PM: Continue walking and discover a little shop full of…things. Buy something I don't need (but absolutely want). Because, Paris.
- 2:00 PM: Realize I am lost. Very lost. Panic. Find my way back to the hotel using the "helpful" local map.
- 4:00 PM: Spend some time in the hotel's gardens. Read a book. Enjoy the peace and quiet. (Pretend I'm not still slightly traumatized by my golfing performance.)
- 7:00 PM: More French food. More wine. Feel slightly tipsy and very happy. Start to understand why people love France.
Day 4: Day Trip Debacles
- 9:00 AM: Attempt to take a day trip to somewhere "cultural."
- 10:00 AM: Get on the wrong train. Figure it out.
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at a castle / cathedral / whatever. It's beautiful. Take a million pictures.
- 3:00 PM: Realize I haven't eaten. Desperately seek out food. Find a baguette. Eat it while standing in the street. Feel like a genuine Parisian (for about five minutes).
- 5:00 PM: Head back to the hotel. The train is delayed. Get mildly annoyed.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant I walk by, decide to go in. It is amazing.
Day 5: The Spa & Existential Dread
- 10:00 AM: Decide to treat myself to a spa day at the hotel. Get a massage. Feel all my stress melt away. (This is the best part of the trip, hands down.)
- 12:00 PM: Spend way too long in the sauna. End up feeling a bit… dizzy.
- 2:00 PM: Question my life choices while staring at the pool.
- 4:00 PM: Go back to the hotel room and read a book.
- 7:00 PM: Eat a delicious dinner and meet a table of friendly people.
Day 6: Last-Minute Panic & Souvenir Shenanigans
- 9:00 AM: Wake up with a growing sense of dread: The trip is almost over!
- 10:00 AM: Panic about buying souvenirs. Wander aimlessly through the local shops. Buy a beret (because clichés are fun). Also, buy a lot of things you'll never use.
- 1:00 PM: Try to pack. Realize I've bought too much crap. The suitcase will not close. Worry.
- 3:00 PM: Wander back to the lovely little cafe for a final croissant. This one is perfect. I might cry.
- 7:00 PM: Last dinner in France. Order something fancy. Savor every bite. Try not to think about the long journey home.
- 9:00 PM: Pack my things. Again.
Day 7: Au Revoir (and a Promise to Come Back, Eventually)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up, slowly. Eat the last croissant. This time, I do cry (a little).
- 9:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. Say goodbye to the friendly staff.
- 10:00 AM: Taxi to train.
- 12:00 PM: Travel to the airport.
- 3:00 PM: Flight home. Reflect on the amazing (and messy) week.
Parisian Paradise: Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare - FAQ (Because Let's Face It, You Have Questions!)
Is This Place REALLY as Fancy as it Looks Online? (Spoiler Alert: MAYBE, but it's Complicated...)
Okay, so the photos? Gorgeous. The website? Pure aspirational bliss. The reality? Well, let's just say it's... nuanced. The lobby? Absolutely stunning. I mean, seriously, I walked in and nearly tripped over my own jaw. Chandeliers the size of small cars, velvet everywhere. I *felt* like Audrey Hepburn about to grab a croissant. But... then you get to the elevators. Which, let me tell you, have a personality of their own. One day they're speedy, the next, you're contemplating becoming a permanent resident. (And yes, I might have accidentally said something *not so nice* about the elevator during a particularly slow ascent with my suitcase... oops!). So, yes, fancy... but with a healthy dose of Parisian charm and perhaps a touch of "we'll get there eventually."
The Rooms - Are They Tiny Like the Average Parisian Hotel? (Or Do I Actually Have Room to Breathe?)
This is the million-dollar question, isn't it? And the answer, my friends, is...it depends. I booked a "Superior Double" and honestly, I was bracing myself for a shoebox. But, to my utter delight and genuine shock, it wasn't! It was... reasonable. Decent closet space (which, trust me, is a luxury in Paris), a proper bathroom (with a shower that *actually* had water pressure – hallelujah!). Now, I'm not saying it was Versailles. But it was a comfortable sanctuary. Now, my friend, she had a slightly smaller room and was slightly grumpy about it. She kept saying, "This is where I'll be spending my time... trying not to hit the bed!" So, again, your mileage *may* vary. Definitely check the specific room type you book.
The Breakfast - Worth the Hype? Or Just a Plate Full of Overpriced Scrambled Eggs?
Okay, the breakfast. Now we’re talking. This is where things get GOOD. I'm a breakfast person. A serious, bordering-on-obsessive breakfast person. And the breakfast at Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare… It was a *dream*. The pastries? Flaky, buttery, perfect. The coffee? Strong enough to fuel a Parisian marathon. The fresh fruit? Beautifully arranged and bursting with flavor. And the *real* kicker? The little jars of house-made jam. Oh. My. God. I’m not exaggerating when I tell you I considered buying a suitcase full of it to take home. (I didn’t. But I *thought* about it. A lot. And I already miss it as I'm writing this!). Yes, it's an extra cost—but honestly, given Parisian prices in general, I found it worth it. It set me up perfectly for a day of exploring (and, you know, resisting the urge to buy *everything*).
The Location – Is It Actually Convenient for Sightseeing/Shopping?
Spot on! The location is a serious win. Right near the Gare Saint-Lazare, which is super handy for getting to and from the airport (once you master the RER B – which, FYI, took me three attempts to *not* go in the wrong direction). You’re also within walking distance of loads of great shops (a dangerous, but *very* tempting, proposition!), the Opera Garnier, and all those gorgeous Haussmannian buildings you see in the movies. Plus, you can easily hop on the Metro to explore the rest of the city. So, yeah, location: check. Double thumbs up.
Is the Staff Actually Friendly or Just Snobby Parisians in Disguise? (Be Honest!)
Okay, this is the one I was *most* worried about. I mean, the "Parisian stereotype" is a real thing, right? But honestly, the staff at the Hotel du Golf Saint Lazare were… lovely! Really. Sure, they're not like, *American* friendly – no over the top "Have a great day!" kind of thing. But they were efficient, helpful, and genuinely kind. (And I’m not just saying that because I want free upgrades next time!) I had a small issue with my room once, and they fixed it immediately, apologizing profusely. They also gave me some excellent restaurant recommendations (and, let me tell you, avoiding tourist traps in Paris is a LIFE SAVER!). So, overall, a big win in the friendliness department. Now, my friend, she got a receptionist who seemed a bit preoccupied, but hey, everyone has a bad day, right? It’s rare to find flawless service!
The Atmosphere - What's the Vibe? Romantic? Trendy? Or Just a Bit… Stuffy?
Ooh, good question. The vibe is a lovely mix. It’s not *stuffy* in the way you might imagine. It's definitely got a touch of old-world elegance, with the high ceilings and ornate details. I'd say it's more "elegant with a hint of playful." I saw couples canoodling in the lobby (made me miss my partner, I'm not gonna lie!). There were also groups of friends chatting by the bar. It felt like… a place where you could dress up a little, have a *splendid* cocktail, and feel a bit like you’d stepped into a vintage movie. Not overly trendy, not overwhelmingly corporate. It's… just *nice*. Kind of felt like a well-kept secret, you know? And that's a good thing!
The "Special" Moments - Any Standout Anecdotes? (Beyond "The Breakfast Was Amazing")
Okay, alright, I have to share this. This is going to sound silly, but it's one of the things I remember most. So, picture this: it's my second morning, I'm buzzing from the breakfast (obviously!), and I stumble upon a hidden courtyard. Seriously, I nearly missed it. It was tucked away behind a heavy wooden door. And inside? A tiny little garden, with wrought-iron tables and chairs, and this incredible, almost ethereal, silence. I sat there with my book (which I hardly even *read*, because I was too busy soaking it all in) and felt completely, utterly at peace. Like, a movie moment kind of peace. This from a woman who usually runs at a million miles an hour. Then, a tiny, adorable, fluffy dog trotted past. I nearly choked on my coffee from the cuteness overload. It's those little details, those unexpected moments, that really make a place special. The garden just made it… unforgettable. It's those unexpected moments that make a trip, well, a trip. And if you find yourself, if the world is kind to you, then it’s the momentsScenic Stays