Escape to Paradise: Germany's Hotel Hochfirst Awaits!
ESCAPE TO PARADISE (Or, You Know, the Black Forest): Hotel Hochfirst Review - Where "Relaxation" Actually Happens (And Maybe a Few Weird Things Too)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a trip to the Black Forest, Germany, and let me tell you, the Hotel Hochfirst? It's… an experience. Trying to write a review is like trying to wrangle a flock of particularly fluffy sheep – it gets a little chaotic before it gets anywhere. But trust me, it's worth the ride.
First Impressions: Getting There (and the Great Elevator Saga)
Right, so, Accessibility is a big deal for me these days. Hochfirst says it's accessible, and, well, technically, they're not lying. There's an Elevator (thank GOD, because some of those Black Forest hills are brutal). However… the elevator… let's just say it has its own personality. It's slow. Like, really slow. And occasionally, it decides to take a break. I swear, the first time I got stuck in there for like, five minutes, I almost started yodeling to pass the time (luckily, nobody heard). But eventually, you do get to your room. And the Car park [free of charge], that's a HUGE plus. Driving in Europe? Terrifying. Free parking? A gift from the gods.
Rooms: Cozy Chaos and the Occasional Unexpected Guest
My room? Lovely, mostly. Clean, thanks to the Daily housekeeping. And the Wi-Fi [free]? Thank you, sweet baby Jesus! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a must-have these days. They’ve got all the Available in all rooms stuff you expect: Air conditioning, Coffee/tea maker, Hair dryer… even Bathrobes and Slippers! (Fancy!) But here's where things get a little… interesting.
One night, I swear I heard a squirrel in the Closet… or maybe it was just the wind whistling through the Window that opens? I can't be entirely sure. Anyway, the important bit is that I survived. I think. And the Blackout curtains were a godsend for jet lag.
Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Questionable Choices)
Okay, the food. This is where Hochfirst really shines… and occasionally stumbles.
Dining, drinking, and snacking is really a highlight here. First of all, the Breakfast [buffet] is… insane. Western breakfast, with all the usual suspects (eggs, bacon, sausages), plus a Buffet in restaurant that could feed an army. There's also a Breakfast [buffet] with options for the Asian breakfast, which is nice, but the most important thing here is the Coffee/tea in restaurant that is available. But I'm warning you, don't even get me started on their coffee! Some of the best coffee I have ever had.
The Restaurants are a treat, but I do wish there was more Vegetarian restaurant options.
Room service [24-hour] is a godsend after a long day of exploring. And the Bottle of water left in the room? Always a welcome touch.
The Bar is… well, it’s a bar. They have drinks. That's all that matters. And there's a Poolside bar, oh, the life!
However, there was this one… Desserts in restaurant. Let's just say they need a little more work.
Relaxation Station: Where the Magic (and Maybe a Little Mortification) Happens
Ways to relax: Absolutely the crown jewel of Hochfirst. The Spa is incredible. The Sauna is… hot. Steamroom? Yeah, that's steamy. The Pool with view is breathtaking, and I may or may not have tripped over a chaise lounge on my way in. (Don't judge. I was very relaxed.) You should definitely try the Body scrub and Body wrap; the products are top notch. It will make you feel like a new person.
I spent a solid afternoon in the Pool and it was perfection.
The Massage was… phenomenal. I swear, the masseuse somehow knew exactly where my knots were hiding. Pure bliss. Afterwards, I stumbled into the Spa/sauna and didn't leave for like, four hours. That's my kinda vacation.
Cleanliness, Safety, and the COVID Reality
Okay, let's talk about the stuff that actually matters. Hochfirst takes Cleanliness and safety seriously. They've got tons of Hand sanitizer, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Daily disinfection in common areas. My room was Rooms sanitized between stays, and they have all the Anti-viral cleaning products on hand. I felt really safe, even though it’s still unsettling seeing people in masks, but the Physical distancing of at least 1 meter made me feel more relaxed.
The "Things to Do" Department
Hochfirst is in the heart of the Black Forest, so… forests. Lots of forests. Hiking, Bicycle parking, and generally getting lost in nature are highly encouraged.
The Fitness center is there if you’re feeling ambitious, though I mainly used it as a place to take my selfie.
The Less-Than-Perfect Bits
- The Internet access – LAN is sometimes difficult to find.
- The other Internet access – wireless is available, but I can't believe there isn't any.
- I wish there were more Couple's room options, but I like my own room.
- The Elevator is still a bit of a nightmare.
- The Coffee Shop, oh the coffee shop.
The Verdict: Should You Go?
Absolutely. Despite the occasional weirdness, the Hotel Hochfirst is a fantastic place to escape. It’s exactly what you want to do, Ways to relax. The spa is amazing, the location is stunning, and the staff, despite my occasional elevator drama, are lovely. It's not perfect, but the imperfections are part of the charm. And let's be honest, who wants a perfectly perfect vacation?
SEO-Optimized Call to Action (aka, My Attempt at a Sales Pitch)
ESCAPE TO PARADISE with the Hotel Hochfirst! Are you ready to ditch the everyday grind and immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Black Forest? Then look no further! This is where you can find all the Accessibility, the best Spa, the best Pool with the best View, the best Massage and Sauna in the area! And with their commitment to Cleanliness and safety to keep you feeling safe. Don't miss out on this opportunity to recharge your batteries – Book your stay at the Hotel Hochfirst today! (And maybe send the lift a friendly wave.)
#HotelHochfirst #BlackForest #Germany #SpaGetaway #Relaxation #Travel #Adventure #Vacation #LuxuryHotel #Wellness #TravelReview #AccessibleTravel #FamilyFriendly #Foodie #BestHotel #TravelDeals #EscapeToParadise #WellnessRetreat
Escape to Paradise: Hotel De La Paix, France Awaits!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because you're about to get a proper, unfiltered, slightly-manic deep dive into my "trip" to Hotel Hochfirst in Germany. Emphasis on "trip," because let's face it, actual planning is not my strong suit. This is going to be less an itinerary, more a chaotic confession of how things probably will go.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Breakfast Debacle (or, My First Encounter with German Efficiency)
Morning (ish): Ugh, getting up. Always the hardest part. Flight from… well, doesn’t matter. Let's just say it involved questionable airline food and a crying baby who seemed determined to make my life miserable. Arrive in Germany. Feel immediately overwhelmed by the cleanliness. Like, disturbingly clean. Everything gleams.
Afternoon: Land, navigate the absolutely insane airport (seriously, how many terminals do you need?!), find my way to a tiny, ridiculously fuel-efficient rental car. (I named it "Greta," after the environmentalist, ironic, I know). Drive to Hotel Hochfirst. Pictures online promised a fairytale castle. Honestly? It's more charmingly… rustic. And by "rustic" I mean, it looks like it's been around since the Black Forest was still just a twinkle in God's eye.
Late Afternoon: The Breakfast Incident. Okay, this calls for a paragraph of its own. Breakfast. The cornerstone of any good vacation. Or so I thought. The Hochfirst breakfast buffet was legendary, people raved. And what did I experience? A logistical nightmare orchestrated by a cadre of excessively polite, yet intimidatingly efficient, German staff. Think precision, think… well, think the entire German army refuelling a tank in under five minutes. I, however, was still hunting for a spoon, which felt like an Olympic sport at that point. By the time I'd found yogurt, the queue for the coffee machine was so long, I swear I saw the sun start to go down. By the time I got to the coffee machine the milk was over, which started me thinking about… well, let's just say I ended up settling for a burnt toast and a vague sense of failure. But hey, at least the view was gorgeous.
Evening: Stumble into my room, which is surprisingly spacious, the best part about it all. Unpack (loosely defined). Vow to master the art of the breakfast buffet tomorrow. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just sneak in with a bag of granola bars. Later, I wander into the town.
Day 2: The Black Forest Beckons…and My Sense of Direction Disappears
Morning: Wake up feeling like I’ve been run over by a tour bus, despite only having walked from the bed to the bathroom the night before. Decide I'm ready to conquer the Black Forest. Armed with a tourist map and a vague sense of optimism.
Mid-morning: The "Lost in the Woods" Adventure. Driving through the Black Forest is beautiful. Utterly, breathtakingly, get-out-of-the-car-and-gawk-at-it beautiful. Until, of course, you realize you have absolutely no idea where you are. My sense of direction is notoriously bad. I’m pretty sure I could get lost in a phone booth. The winding roads and the dense trees started to feel like a never-ending maze. Hours pass. I see some charming villages, but I couldn’t tell you later how to get there…it's lost forever. The map is useless. The GPS is my mortal enemy.
Afternoon: Chocolate therapy. Eventually, after much cursing and what I suspect was a near-miss with a deer (I swear I saw a flash of white tail!), I stumble (literally, at one point) into a tiny, artisanal chocolate shop. This place restored my faith in humanity. The chocolate… divine. The woman running the shop, a tiny, elderly lady with a twinkle in her eye, was a national treasure. Sat and ate my weight in every sort of chocolate, because, well, why not?
Evening: Back at the hotel. The dinner is, thankfully, a much more relaxed affair than breakfast. Enjoy some local beer. Chat with some other guests (mostly older couples from Germany, who keep giving me knowing looks. I suspect they've seen this lost-in-the-woods routine before). Sleep like the dead, dreams full of chocolate and GPS nightmares. That chocolate was pure magic.
Day 3: Hiking…or Maybe Just a Nap? Plus, a Sauna and a Bit of Melancholy
Morning: I attempt a hike. Hochfirst has some lovely trails. I say attempt because I'm not exactly a mountain goat. After about twenty minutes of puffing and panting, I make it to a lookout, which is truly stunning, though I was mostly staring at my shoes, trying not to trip. That said, I also spotted a cute squirrel and then, I was tired.
Afternoon: Sauna Time! I'm not usually a sauna person, but the hotel has a beautiful spa. And after the "hike," my aching muscles are screaming for mercy. Spent a lovely hour sweating and trying to relax. The smell of pine was amazing. I actually loved the feeling of letting go, and I think I almost began to fall asleep, but I was worried about making a fool of myself.
Late Afternoon/Evening: The "Existential Crisis" Moment: Sitting on the balcony, looking at the incredible view, I felt more than a little wistful. The trip has been a mix of joy, exhaustion, and sheer incompetence. Am I doing things right? Am I making the most of this? Am I truly, deeply failing at all of this? Decided that pondering these questions while drinking a glass of wine was a perfectly acceptable use of my time. Ended the day doing exactly that.
Day 4: Departure (And a Final, Possibly Humiliating, Breakfast Attempt)
Morning: One last shot at the breakfast buffet. Armed with new tactics (go early, scope out the spoon situation before grabbing the yogurt), but also with a resignation to the chaos. I managed to snag a croissant. Progress!
Mid-Morning: Pack. Say goodbye to the hotel (and its charmingly rustic flaws). Head back to the airport. Hope. Pray. That I can find my way through it all.
Afternoon: Flight home. Reflect on the trip. Remember the good and bad parts. Think about the beauty that I saw and the things that I’ll never forget. And try to not get lost in the Black Forest for the rest of my life.
This, folks, is my "itinerary." A glorious mess of good intentions, questionable execution, and a whole lot of chocolate. Hotel Hochfirst, you were a trip. Now, where's my plane?
Browns Boutique UK: Unbelievable Styles You Won't Believe!Escape to Paradise: Hotel Hochfirst - You NEED to Know This Before You Go! (Seriously)
Okay, the website says "Escape to Paradise." Is Hotel Hochfirst *actually* paradise? Don't lie to me!
Paradise? Whoa, hold your horses (or your lederhosen, if you're feeling it!). No, it's not *literal* paradise, like angel wings and rivers of chocolate fondue. But... It's got serious potential, you know? That Black Forest air hitting you, crisp and clean, the first time you step outside? Yeah, that's a good start. Think "Paradise Lite," with a healthy side of "German Efficiency." (Which is often a good thing, except when it isn't. More on that later...). Look, it’s definitely an escape, a proper one. It's a damn good escape. Coming from a place that deals with urban sprawl, I need to see a forest to function properly.
**Anecdote Alert!** My first morning, I woke up to the sound of...nothing! I swear, it was so quiet I thought my ears had exploded. Then, bam! I heard a bird. A regular, run-of-the-mill bird. But it sounded AMAZING. I think I actually cried a little. (Don't tell anyone.)
What's the vibe like? Is it all stuffy old people, or can I wear my ripped jeans and band tee?
Vibe? It’s definitely not a nightclub. It’s more...relaxed. You're in the Black Forest, dude. It's not the place for showing off. There's a mix. Families are there, couples, a few adventurous solo travelers. It's generally pretty chill. Ripped jeans? Sure, maybe for the hiking trails. The dining room, though... maybe leave the Slayer shirt at home? Let's just say, there's a certain level of "respect for the schnitzel."
**Quirky Observation:** I swear, half the guests looked like they'd just stepped out of a cuckoo clock. Not in a bad way! In a charming, "I'm here to eat cake and admire the scenery" kind of way.
The food! The food! Is it all sausages and sauerkraut? (Please say no!)
Okay, *breathe*. Yes, there’s sausage. And yes, there’s occasionally a mountain of sauerkraut. But! But! The Hochfirst's kitchen is surprisingly... versatile. They have other options, truly. They do a fantastic spaetzle, beautiful seasonal dishes, and decent international fare. They’ll cater to your dietary needs if you call in advance.
**Emotional Reaction!** The breakfast buffet? Oh. My. God. That bacon… crisp, perfect, and seemingly endless. I may have gained five pounds in a single morning. WORTH IT. I'm not saying it's Michelin-star dining, but it's good, hearty food.
Tell me about the rooms. Are they dated? Clean? Do I need to bring my own pillow?
The rooms are... comfortable. Okay? They're not minimalist chic, or some ultra-modern design that hurts your eyes. They're classic, solid, dependable. Clean? Absolutely. And I’m a clean freak, so trust me on that one. Pillows? Relax, you'll be fine. They’re fluffy enough. Maybe *not* the exact shape you want, but you'll survive.
**Messy Structure Time:** Seriously though, the bathroom? Perfectly functional. The shower? Got good water pressure. The view from the balcony? Stunning, if you get the right room. Just, you know, don't expect a bathtub big enough to swim in. This isn't the Ritz. It's the Black Forest!
What activities are there? Hiking? Swimming? Cuckoo clock shopping?
Hiking is a BIG deal here. Trails everywhere! Seriously, maps are your friend. The pool is great, especially after a long hike. There's a spa, which I loved. And yes, cuckoo clock shopping. Because, Black Forest.
**More Rambling!...and Doubling Down!** Okay, the spa. Let me just gush about the spa for a second because I'm still thinking about it. I got a massage. It was *blissful*. The masseuse… she was this tiny little German woman with hands of steel. I think she could have taken down a tree. I was tense from the trip, and I just let it all go. It might have been the best massage of my *life*. The sauna? Perfect. The relaxation room? Peaceful. I could have stayed there for days. Seriously, book a massage. Do it. And then maybe go for a second one. You will NOT regret! It was, in my opinion, the highlight of the trip, other than the bacon.
How easy is it to get around? Do I need a car?
A car would definitely be useful, but not absolutely essential. The Hotel Hochfirst offers a shuttle to the train station. From there, you can get around the Black Forest. But having your own wheels gives you much more freedom. The roads are well-maintained and scenic, but be warned - they can be winding!
**Opinionated Language & Natural Pacing:** I felt like a pro driver through those curves pretty quick! It’s part of the experience. Just don’t drink too much beer the night before. Trust me.
Any downsides? Anything I should be aware of?
Alright, let’s be real. It's not all sunshine and spa treatments. The internet can be… spotty. Not a huge deal for me, I was there to escape tech, but if you need to be glued to your phone, you might be frustrated. The weather can be unpredictable. Pack for all seasons. And the language barrier, if you don’t speak German, well, Google Translate becomes your new best friend.
**Stronger Emotional Reactions (Bad!)** The elevator...oh, gods. It's a tiny, ancient thing. I got stuck in it once for a terrifying five minutes. Thank God for my phone's flashlight! (And the fact that I wasn't claustrophobic). That was not fun at all.
Overall, is Hotel Hochfirst worth it? Should I book it?
Look, even with a few minor quirks, absolutely. It’s a great base for exploring a truly beautiful region. If you want aSmart Traveller Inns