Escape to Paradise: Turtle Cove Island Resort Philippines - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Turtle cove island resort Philippines

Turtle cove island resort Philippines

Escape to Paradise: Turtle Cove Island Resort Philippines - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the supposed "Paradise" that is Escape to Paradise: Turtle Cove Island Resort Philippines - Your Dream Vacation Awaits! (Let's see if that rings true, shall we?). Now, I've been around the block, seen a few beaches, and weathered more than one questionable hotel buffet. So, I'm going in with my expectations, and oh boy, did they play out in spades!

Let's start with the good bits, because, let's be honest, a trip to the Philippines is ALWAYS going to have some magic.

Accessibility (or the Lack Thereof, Ugh): Listen, I'm not personally in a wheelchair, so I couldn't fully judge this. But, the description is a bit vague on the actual implementation of accessible features. While they say "facilities for disabled guests," you gotta dig deeper. Is the pool lift working? Are the pathways smooth? Is the bathroom truly accessible? My advice: CALL THEM DIRECTLY AND ASK VERY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS. Don't just take their word for it. This is a biggie.

Internet: Because in this modern world, we need our fix.

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: Okay, YES! This is a HUGE win. Especially if you're like me and can't live without streaming something trashy on your tablet at the end of the day. Praise be!
  • Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas: Double-praise! Multiple internet options are always appreciated, so I can post my enviable vacation pics with zero problems. I actually had to work a bit during my visit (ugh!), so I was glad I had multiple options.
  • Additional thought: Remember the days where we paid extra for Wi-Fi? The good ol' days.

Things to Do (and not-so-do):

I'm a relaxation kind of person. I'm not one for being a crazy tourist.

  • Ways to Relax: BODY SCRUB! BODY WRAP! MASSAGE! SAUNA! SPA! Spa/sauna! Steamroom! Oh, YES, please! These are essential for me. And the promise of a pool with a view? My heart fluttered. I did manage, in this jungle of activity, to get a massage! It was amazing! It felt like a good reset button!
  • Fitness Center, Gym/Fitness, Swimming Pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: They have the usual suspects. Honestly, I spent most of my time lounging by the pool with a book (and a cocktail). The gym was never calling my name. I'm not a "vacation workout" type of person.
  • Things to do (other stuff): Look, I'm not a super adventurous person. I saw folks doing stuff on the water (like snorkeling). Sounds like fun. Maybe next time.

Cleanliness and Safety (This is Important, People!)

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol: Okay, GOOD! This is what I want to hear. COVID changed the game. And knowing they're taking things seriously makes me feel much better. The hand sanitizer was everywhere.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: This is important. Not just for COVID, but just in general. Less crowded is always more welcome.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: I appreciate the choice. Some people are germaphobes, and some aren't.
  • Shared stationery removed: No surprise here.
  • Additional thought: Honestly, I had no reason to worry. I felt safe!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The REAL Priority!)

  • Restaurants, Poolside bar, Snack bar: Yes, yes, and yes! These are crucial. The bar was perfect to lounge around and meet fellow guests. Great way to meet new people!
  • A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Okay, this is a LOT of choices. I'm here for it! The buffet had a huge selection, which is my jam. The Asian fare was particularly delicious. Pro tip: Go for the desserts. I have no regrets.
  • Bar, Bottle of water, Happy hour: Happy hour is ESSENTIAL on vacation! My wallet is already suffering, so at least make the drinks slightly cheaper. The bottle of water is a great touch.
  • Additional thought: I have a minor criticism: The bar staff sometimes got overwhelmed during peak times. But, hey, everyone deserves a break.

Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter)

  • Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning, Daily housekeeping Thank you for the AC in the Phillipines! Staying cool is a must!
  • Business facilities, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments: All good. A convenience store is handy for snacks.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: This is a biggie. It comes up again…
  • Gift/souvenir shop, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Safety deposit boxes, Nice to have! I never used the meeting rooms, but they looked decent.
  • Front desk [24-hour], A HUGE win.
  • Additional thought: The doormen were super helpful with taxis, and the luggage storage was great since the front desk could watch my stuff while I got a bite.

For the Kids…

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: If you're traveling with kids, this is GREAT! I haven't got kids, but I watched some families looking like they were having a blast.

Rooms (Where the Magic Happens… or Doesn't!)

My room. Ah, my room. Okay, I'll be honest.

  • Available in all rooms, Air conditioning, Bathroom Yeah! I needed AC so much.
  • Additional toilet A total plus, if you're sharing the space.
  • Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, I loved the tea/coffee, and bathrobes are a must! The blackout curtains were a GODSEND.
  • Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens all of these are great additions to the room.
  • Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Great in the event WIFI is not available so I can keep working in case of emergency.

Getting Around (How do you actually get there?)

  • Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, Valet parking: Airport transfer is essential. The free parking is a bonus. They offer taxi service, but it's probably cheaper to arrange your own.

The Nitty Gritty – My Anecdotal Experience (Brace Yourselves!)

Okay, so I spent a week at the resort, and… it was a mixed bag. I had moments of pure bliss, staring out at the ocean with a cocktail, feeling like I was finally escaping real-life. The spa… oh, the spa. The massage was heavenly. The grounds were beautiful. The staff, for the most part, were incredibly friendly and helpful.

But… (There's Always a But, Isn't There?)

Okay, here's where things get a little… real.

  • The Small Stuff: Little things could get on my nerves. One day, the hot water in my room was only lukewarm. I swear, I had to call twice to get a response. I mean, I'm on vacation, I want a HOT shower!
  • The Food Fiascos: While the buffet was generally decent, I had a couple of questionable experiences. One evening, the fish tasted a bit…fishy. I won't go into details, but let's just say I spent the night in my room rather than dancing at the bar. This is where the alternative meal arrangement really comes in handy! I did a lot of that.
  • The Noise Levels: Okay, so the soundproofing wasn't perfect. You will hear the occasional
Escape to Luxury: Lavande Hotel's Songshan Lake Oasis (Huawei, China)

Book Now

Turtle cove island resort Philippines

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, messy, sun-kissed chaos that is my attempt at a Turtle Cove Island Resort itinerary. Prepare for a ride, because Lord knows this won't be a rigid, by-the-book affair. More like a tipsy, sand-covered adventure with a narrator who forgets her own name half the time.

Turtle Cove Island Resort Itinerary: Aka, Me Trying to Adult… on a Beach (Good Luck, Self!)

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Gratification (AKA, Where's the Rum?)

  • 8:00 AM: Alarm! Okay, so, the alarm. I set it. I promptly hit snooze five times. My brain's still running on "sleepy beach mode," which, apparently, involves a lot of involuntary drooling and daydreaming of pina coladas.
  • 8:30 AM: Actual, Real-Life Wake-Up. Drag myself out of bed, stumbling towards the coffee machine. Honestly, if they don't have decent coffee here, this whole trip might be a disaster. Coffee. Must. Have. Coffee.
  • 9:00 AM: The Great Luggage Struggle. Found my suitcase, miraculously. Fighting my way onto the plane. This is a whole other story.
  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at the Resort! Oh.My.God. Ocean view. Turquoise water, white sand, palms swaying… It’s even BETTER than the pictures. I'm already regretting not packing all my bikini. This is the moment I realize the actual, real-life me isn't capable of fully processing this level of beauty. She starts babbling incoherently.
  • 1:30 PM: Resort Check-In (Attempt). The staff is ridiculously friendly. I'm pretty sure the guy at the front desk is smiling at me… specifically. Maybe it’s the sleep dep, but I’m suspicious. But the room? Stunning. Air-con, balcony, everything glorious.
  • 2:00 PM: Immediate Gratification: Found the pool bar. Found the rum. The day takes a turn for the significantly better, let me tell you. Started with a mojito (because, when in Rome… or, you know, Turtle Cove). Ended up ordering a second one, purely for "research" purposes. "For journalistic integrity," I explained to myself. The bartender probably thinks I'm a lightweight. He's not wrong.
  • 3:00 PM: Beach Exploration (and Mild Panic). Wandering the beach, trying to find the perfect spot to… exist. The sand is like, unbelievably fine. I'm pretty sure I'd move in permanently if there was any chance of getting Wi-Fi strong enough to binge Netflix. Started to lose my mind a little. Am I really here? Am I dreaming?
  • 4:00 PM: Beach Bumming. Tried to read. Got distracted by the waves. Got distracted by the pretty shells. Got distracted by the fact that I haven't worn sunscreen in, like, a decade (oops). Sunscreen application is suddenly critical.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at the "Local Flavor" Restaurant. The food is AMAZING. I'm pretty sure I ate enough seafood to feed a small nation. I think I'm allergic to something, but I can't identify it because everything tastes so good. Maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow.
  • 9:00 PM: Sunset Sighting. Watched the sunset. Got all emotional. I'm a sucker for sunsets, what can I say? This one involved the sky turning every color imaginable. Incredible. Pure, unadulterated bliss. Followed by a mild existential crisis: "Is this real life? Is this where I'm supposed to be?"
  • **10:00 PM: Fell asleep on a beach chair. Woke up with the most fantastic view in the world. So worth it.

Day 2: Underwater Adventures and the Quest for Paradise (AKA, the Snorkelling Incident)

  • 8:00 AM: Woke Up. Woke up to the most fantastic view in the world. Deciding that a repeat of the previous day's schedule is a must.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast! Pancakes! Mangoes! Coffee! All the essentials needed for a day of fun.
  • 10:00 AM: Scuba Diving! Or… at least, an attempt at scuba diving, which turns into a hilarious, albeit slightly terrifying, snorkelling session. I've always had a slight phobia of deep water. Turns out, the ocean is really deep. I struggled. I gulped air. I may have briefly considered joining the fish in their natural habitat. But then, I saw the coral. The colours! The fish! And the panic began to subside. I made a face at a clownfish that would make even Nemo blush. Definitely worth it.
  • 12:00 PM: Mid-Morning Drinks. The sea made me thirsty. A lot. And after being scared half to death, I deserved it.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at The Seafood Shack. Found a little shack serving fresh, grilled fish. OMG. The fish. The view. The breeze. I'm in heaven. Maybe. Or it could be the rum. Don't judge. I was there for the experience.
  • 2:00 PM: Relaxation. Soaking up some more sun on a hammock. Lost track of time and almost missed it. My skin screamed. The breeze was divine.
  • 4:00 PM: Beachcombing. Strolling along the beach. Found some shells. Decided to keep them. Found one, with a tiny hole in it. Thought I'd make a necklace. Failed.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at The Beach Barbecue (and the Mosquito Apocalypse). The food amazing. The music? On point. The mosquitos? Also on point. They were relentless. I got bit. Everywhere. Next time, I will bring a net.
  • 8:00 PM: Stargazing (and Mosquito Warfare). Despite the mosquitos, the stars were breathtaking. I felt so small. So insignificant. So… itchy.
  • 10:00 PM: Early bedtime. So exhausted. So sunburnt. So full of delicious food. Heading to bed and praying for a mosquito-free sleep.

Day 3: Island Hopping and the Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing (AKA, Living the Dream)

  • 9:00 AM: Morning Coffee and Panic. Woke up with a slight sunburn. I. Am. Toast. Need to invest on sunscreen.
  • 10:00 AM: Island Hopping Adventure. This involves a bumpy boat ride, which I promptly used to catch up on some much-needed sleep. Some of the other islands were amazing.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch on a Private Beach. OMG. The most beautiful beach I've ever seen. White sand, crystal-clear water, complete with palm trees. I spent the next few hours doing absolutely nothing. And it was glorious.
  • 3:00 PM: Return to Turtle Cove. Home. The real home feels like a weird dream.
  • 4:00 PM: Pool Time and Sunburn Recovery. The water is refreshingly cool. Soaking in the pool, trying to rehydrate, praying for my skin to recover.
  • 6:00 PM: Farewell Dinner. The last supper! Ate more delicious food. Had a few tears. I don't want to leave.
  • 8:00 PM: Last sunset. The most colorful of all. So, so sad.
  • 9:00 PM: Packing (and Procrastination). I'm not ready to leave. I could happily stay on this island forever. I'm going to make a promise to come back.

Day 4: Departure. This day is not the part of the trip I want to talk about. I will be back. Trust me.

Escape to Paradise: Sao Jorge's Hidden Hotel Gem

Book Now

Turtle cove island resort Philippines

Escape to Paradise: Turtle Cove Island Resort Philippines - Your Dream Vacation Awaits! …Probably? (FAQs You Actually Need)

Okay, So… Turtle Cove *Actually* Lives Up to the Hype? The Pictures Look Amazing!

Alright, buckle up, buttercup. I'm gonna be brutally honest with you. The pictures? Yeah, they're pretty darn accurate. The water *is* that turquoise color that your Instagram feed is screaming for. The sunsets? Majestic, breathtaking… you’ll probably cry. Seriously. I did. (Don't judge me, I had a particularly tough week at work before I left.)

But hold your seahorses. Paradise isn't *perfect*. Remember that. The sand is powdery, yes, but it *also* gets EVERYWHERE. In your swimsuit, your hair, your… well, you get the idea. You'll be finding sand for days. Consider it a souvenir. A tiny, gritty, everywhere-you-go souvenir.

And the hype… It's pretty darn close. But expectations, right? Manage them. Expect a few lizard sightings (adorable, but they *do* steal your snacks if you're not careful. Learned that the hard way with a rogue bag of chips). Expect a slower pace. Island time is a real thing, and it's fantastic… until you're hangry and waiting for your lunch. Patience, grasshopper, patience.

So, yeah. It's good. Really, really good. But perfect? Nope. And honestly, that's what makes it so charming. You're not running away from the real world, necessarily. You’re just embracing a slightly less-organized version of it, one where the biggest problem is deciding whether to snorkel or nap. And hey, there are far worse problems to have.

What's the Deal with the Food? Is it Actually Good? (I'm a Foodie, You See.)

Okay, foodie friend, listen up. The food situation is a mixed bag, but mostly leans towards "delicious." Let's be real. You're on a remote island. Michelin star dining? Not likely. But the flavors are fresh, the seafood is incredible, and the portions are generous.

My personal highlight? The grilled fish. Seriously, get the grilled fish. It was so fresh it practically jumped onto my plate. (Okay, exaggeration, but still!) The adobo was comforting and authentic. The fruit? Oh my god, the fruit! Mangoes that drip down your chin, pineapples that taste like sunshine… *chef's kiss*.

Now for the reality check. It's not always lightning-fast service. Island time, remember? Be prepared to wait a bit, especially during peak mealtimes. And there were a few dishes that, well, weren't exactly mind-blowing. But hey, even a bad meal is better when you're staring at that view.

Bring snacks. Seriously. Pretzels, crackers, whatever you fancy. Helpful for the in-between-meal munchies. And maybe pack some of your favorite hot sauce. You know, for that extra kick. (I'm a sucker for spice, what can I say?) Overall, the food is a win. Just don't go expecting perfection. Embrace the imperfections, and enjoy the feast!

How Do I Get There and How Hard is it to Book? (Because I'm a Planner… a Control Freak, Actually.)

Okay, fellow planner, breathe. The getting there part is a bit of an adventure, but trust me, it’s worth it. Basically, you fly into [Specific Airport, I'm not sure what airport specifically]. From there, it's a combination of a land transfer (usually a van or car) and a boat ride.

The boat ride is AMAZING, by the way. Picture this: crystal clear water, the wind in your hair, the sun on your face… pure bliss. I actually took about 500 photos on the boat ride! Don't be me. Just enjoy it.

Booking? Easy peasy. Their website is generally pretty straightforward, or you can use (a booking website) but I would advise going direct. However, I recommend booking well in advance, especially if you're traveling during peak season. This place is popular! I tried to book last minute, and it was near a disaster. I almost didn't go! I am still kicking myself about it. Plan ahead, be like a savvy vacationer or better yet, book it right now, stop reading this and do it!!

Also, pack light! Seriously, there's no need to bring a mountain of luggage. You'll be living in swimsuits and sundresses. And comfortable shoes are key because the terrain is a little…rustic. (Translation: There are uneven paths and the occasional rogue rock.)

What Activities are There Besides Lounging on the Beach? (I Get Bored Easily!)

Bored? On a tropical island paradise? Preposterous! But I get it. We all have our moments. While the primary activity is undoubtedly lounging, there's actually a surprising amount to do at Turtle Cove.

Snorkeling and diving are a must. The coral reefs are bursting with life. Seriously, you'll feel like you're swimming in a giant aquarium. I saw a sea turtle! A real-life, actual sea turtle! I spent fifteen minutes (yes, I checked the time!) just floating there, watching it. It was a moment of pure, unadulterated joy. It makes it all worth it. I might tear up again just remembering it. (Okay, yes, I'm tearing up.)

Kayaking is another great option. You can explore the coastline at your own pace. Hiking? Yes! There's a trail that leads to a scenic viewpoint. The views are, as you can imagine, spectacular. (Prepare for a bit of a sweaty climb, though.)

They usually have boat tours, too. You can visit nearby islands, go dolphin-watching, or just cruise around. (I confess, I missed the dolphin-watching tour because I was too busy napping. Don't be me. Go see the dolphins!)

And of course, there are massages. Because, hello, you're on vacation! Need I say more?!

Is it okay if the weather is a little unpredictable? I can't stand being stuck inside!

Ah, the weather. The eternal worry of every vacationer. Listen, rain happens. It’s a tropical island. Embrace it. I was actually there when a storm hit. (It was, shall we say, a *memorable* experience.)

The good news is that storms usually pass quickly. You’ll get bursts of sunshine, followed by a downpour, then sunshine again. It’s like the weather is trying to troll you but in a good way. Pack a light rain jacket just in case, but don't let a little drizzle ruin your fun.

The worst part of my rain experience actually wasn’t the rain itself, it was… well, the power outage. It happened during the storm, and suddenly, everything went dark. I’m not usually afraid of the dark but I was alone in my room and there were noises. It was *slightly* unnerving. The power came back on eventually. And honestly, it added a bizarre charm to the trip! So, if theEscape To Inns

Turtle cove island resort Philippines

Turtle cove island resort Philippines