Nanjing's BEST Hotel Near Confucius Temple? (GreenTree Inn Review!)

GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple Sanshan Street Subway Station Express Hotel China

GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple Sanshan Street Subway Station Express Hotel China

Nanjing's BEST Hotel Near Confucius Temple? (GreenTree Inn Review!)

Alright, buckle up, folks! Because we're diving deep into the GreenTree Inn near Nanjing's Confucius Temple. Forget those perfectly polished reviews – this is the real, unfiltered truth. We're talking accessibility, cleanliness, food, and whether this place is worth your hard-earned Renminbi. Consider this your Nanjing Confucius Temple Hotel Survival Guide, GreenTree Inn edition!

First Impressions: Finding the Beast (and the Benefits)

Okay, first off, getting to this GreenTree Inn near the Confucius Temple is pretty straightforward. Accessibility is a mixed bag. While the building itself has an elevator (thank god!), the sidewalks in Nanjing can be a chaotic obstacle course. So, if you're relying on a wheelchair, be prepared for some bumps and detours. Car park [on-site] is a glorious bonus – free of charge! – in a city where parking is often a battle for your soul. Airport transfer? Tick. They've got you covered, which is a lifesaver after a long flight.

Inside the lobby… well, it’s a GreenTree Inn. Let’s be real. It’s functional. The front desk [24-hour] is a definite plus, especially if you arrive at some ungodly hour (as I did). The staff? Mostly friendly, with varying levels of English. Be patient, point, and smile. It usually works.

Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Blackout Curtains

Okay, the rooms. Let’s be honest, GreenTree Inns aren't exactly known for luxury. But for the price? They’re decent. The Air conditioning is a MUST in Nanjing’s humid summers. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – bless their hearts. It’s a lifesaver for a travel blogger! The Wi-Fi was generally reliable, but I did have a few… moments… of buffering during crucial YouTube escapades.

My room had a desk which allowed me to work, a massive advantage over my other competitors. Blackout curtains? YES! Thank you, GreenTree Inn! I slept like a log! It was a non-smoking room, which I appreciated, because the smell of cigarette smoke is my Achilles heel. And the bed was comfy, which is all that matters after a day exploring Confucius Temple. Bathrobes and slippers? Yep, those are always a welcome sight.

Now for the niggles, because let's be real, no hotel is perfect. The bathroom wasn't the fanciest (or the biggest), but it was clean and functional. The shower pressure? Well, let's just say it's not a power wash. Also, though I couldn't find it on the list, There was a bit of a musty smell, and the building walls are thinnish.

Cleanliness and Safety: My OCD Heart Slightly at Ease

Right, this is where things get interesting. Given the global situation, I was hyper-vigilant about cleanliness. GreenTree Inn does try. Anti-viral cleaning products are advertised, and there's hand sanitizer everywhere. I did notice the daily disinfection in common areas. Also, the Staff trained in safety protocol I'd say they were doing a pretty good job. They had some things to consider, even if they didn't have the most high-tech system in the world.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure

Okay, food. This is where things can get… interesting. The Asian breakfast is included, so you can expect congee, some questionable pastries, and maybe a boiled egg. It won't win any Michelin stars, but it'll fill you up. There is restaurants and a coffee shop, so you can get options A la carte in restaurant, although I didn't go to the restaurant since I was too busy trying the street food in Nanjing.

There's a snack bar in the lobby. It’s a classic convenience store situation – instant noodles, chips, and bottled water. Good for midnight cravings when you’re jet-lagged and desperate.

Things to Do (and Not Do) Near the Confucius Temple

Look, you’re here for the Confucius Temple, right? It’s a massive tourist draw, and rightfully so. Allow yourself lots of time to wander around and get lost. It's also a good photo opportunity. Another important thing to note is that there are lots of food stalls, so bring cash and your adventurous spirit.

The Verdict: Is the GreenTree Inn Near the Confucius Temple Worth it?

For the price, absolutely. It’s clean, the location is excellent, and it offers the basic comforts you need for a comfortable stay. It's not fancy, but it's practical. I would stay here again. But remember, manage your expectations. It's a budget hotel, not a palace.

Final, Unsolicited Advice

Here's my hot take. If you're on a budget and want to see the Confucius Temple, this GreenTree Inn is a solid choice. But if you're looking for a luxury experience, you'll have to look elsewhere.

SEO-Optimized Offer (Get Ready to Click!)

Nanjing Confucius Temple Adventure Awaits! Stay Cozy & Connected at GreenTree Inn!

Book your stay at the GreenTree Inn near Nanjing's Confucius Temple and enjoy:

  • Prime Location: Steps away from the iconic Confucius Temple and everything Nanjing has to offer!
  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and share your epic adventures!
  • Clean & Safe: Rest easy knowing safety protocols are in place, ensuring a worry-free stay.
  • Free parking: Save money and time on parking!
  • Comfortable Rooms: Relax in a well-appointed room with air conditioning, blackout curtains, and all the essentials.
  • Easy Accessibility: Convenient access for navigating the city.
  • Affordable Pricing: Get the best value for your money!

Don't miss out! Book your Nanjing Confucius Temple getaway today and experience the magic of GreenTree Inn! (Click Here to Book Your Room Now!)

Germany's Hidden Gem: Schokel's Hotel & Restaurant - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple Sanshan Street Subway Station Express Hotel China

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. We're plunging headfirst into Nanjing, and frankly, I have no idea what's going to happen. This is less "smooth sailing" and more "trying to navigate a kayak through a particularly choppy gravy sea." And the boat…is my frazzled brain.

GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple Sanshan Street Subway Station Express Hotel - My temporary home (and possibly, my slow descent into madness):

  • Arrival (Day 1) - The "Oh God, Where Am I?" Phase:

    • Morning: Landed at Nanjing Lukou International Airport. The air was thick with humidity and the scent of… well, I don't know what. Something vaguely delicious with a hint of mystery. (Could be street food, could be the apocalypse. Jury's still out.) Managed to (mostly) navigate the airport chaos, thanks to some serious charades with a very patient taxi driver and Google Translate. Found my way to the GreenTree Inn. Let's just say, the "express" part is accurate. The room? Functional. The air conditioning? Mercifully blasting. The view? Wall across the alley. Sigh. But hey, at least I have a bed. And wifi. Bless the wifi gods!
    • Afternoon: Lunch! I stumbled upon a tiny noodle shop near the hotel. Ordered something that looked vaguely edible from a menu entirely in Chinese. The result? Gloriously spicy noodles that made my nose run and my eyes water. (Worth it.) This is the moment I realized: I'm going to love this city. And possibly hate it. It's a coin flip, honestly.
    • Evening: A wander around the Confucius Temple area. Touristy as hell, I know, but come on, historical sites are mandatory, right? The lights reflecting on the Qinhuai River were breathtaking. The crowds… less so. Tried to take a photo, but about a hundred other people were doing the same. Then, I heard the most beautiful flute music coming from somewhere. I'm pretty sure I cried. Not in a "oh, how beautiful" way, in a "wow, I'm really far from home and am overwhelmed" way. Ate a little duck. Tasty.
  • Day 2 - The "Culture Shock (and Food Coma)" Edition:

    • Morning: Woke up and decided to conquer Nanjing Massacre Memorial Hall. Seriously, if you don't get chills visiting this place, you may need a checkup. So somber, so heart-wrenching. Spent two hours wandering the halls, lost in thought. Feeling more human. Followed it up with a trip to the Presidential Palace. Wow, what a contrast! The opulence! The history! The sheer number of people taking selfies! Found a tiny little tea house inside the palace. Sat there drinking tea, and pondering history and the human condition. A lot. Maybe too much.
    • Afternoon: FOOD TOUR! (Yes, I'm shouting it. Food is a very big deal.) Signed up for a local street food tour. Let me tell you, it was an adventure straight out of a food-lover's dream. From xiaolongbao (soup dumplings that explode in your mouth – be warned!) to dufu gan (dried tofu that tasted like heaven). Ate more than I should have. Regretted it at one point. But the regret was worth it.
    • Evening: Attempted to navigate the subway. Chaos. Utter glorious chaos. Bought the wrong ticket. Got on the wrong train. Ended up at a random suburban station. Found my way back, defeated, but triumphant. Celebrated with a beer (or two) at a local bar. People-watched. Enjoyed the sounds. Felt like I finally started to get Nanjing…
  • Day 3 - The "Oops, I Did It Again (More Food)" Finale:

    • Morning: Went to the Ming Xiaoling Tomb. Wandered the tomb, surrounded by the history and quietness. Again, the architecture amazed me. Felt a little bit of peace. It was a good contrast to the bustling life around me.
    • Afternoon: Doubled down. Got lost again. This time, on purpose. Just wandered around the streets, soaking up the atmosphere. Bumping into a hidden local restaurant. Ate way too much again. Started to question everything I'd ever eaten. Now, I need more food. I'm a bottomless pit of dumplings and noodles.
    • Evening: Departed. Heading back to the airport. My head is full of memories. My suitcase, probably less full than I'd hoped. I am already planning my return. I am changed. Nanjing, you were a chaotic, beautiful, edible mess. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
    • Airport chaos. That's right, it started again. Trying to find my gate, lost in security, and remembering everything that happend. Feeling emotional, happy, sad and overwhelmed. I needed more time! I want to stay longer!

This is a starting point. Every day is an adventure, every meal is a lottery, and every street corner holds a new surprise (or a minor existential crisis). Embrace the mess. That's where the magic hides. (And the best noodles.)

Indonesian Paradise: Your Private Pool Villa Awaits (K212)

Book Now

GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple Sanshan Street Subway Station Express Hotel China

Okay, spilling the tea: Is GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple really the BEST hotel near the temple? Seriously?

"Best" is a strong word, right? Look, I'm not gonna lie, I waltzed in there expecting a palace. Confucius Temple is RIGHT THERE! My expectations were sky-high. And… GreenTree Inn is… well, it's GreenTree Inn. It's a budget hotel, people. Don't go expecting marble floors and butlers. It's a solid "good enough" and that’s what I was aiming for. The location? Unbeatable. Seriously, roll out of bed and BAM, you're practically breathing the same air as Confucius. That alone is like, 80% of the battle won. But the best? Nah, probably not, unless your definition of "best" is "cheap and in a stellar location." I mean, I walked past a place that looked SUPER fancy across the street, but I was on a budget, so... GreenTree Inn it was! Regrets? A tiny one. Success? For sure!

The Location Location Location! Seriously though, HOW good is it, being right next to Confucius Temple?

Dude. It’s practically TOUCHING the temple. I’m not even exaggerating. Took me, like, three minutes to stroll over there. And that night market? Oh. My. Goodness. Think delicious dumplings, skewers of things I didn’t know what they were but absolutely devoured, and enough street food smells to make your stomach do a happy dance. It was PERFECT. Plus, the metro station is practically next door too which helped me to get around the city, even if my Mandarin is nonexistent. Seriously, if you're prioritizing convenience and being in the heart of the action, this is GOLD.

Let's talk rooms. Were they… clean?

Okay, honesty hour. They were *mostly* clean. Let's just say I’ve seen cleaner, and I’ve seen much, MUCH worse. The sheets were clean, the bathroom was acceptable (nothing fancy, but functional), and there was no evidence of any… uninvited guests. I did find a tiny, TINY hair in the shower at one point. Did I die? No. Did I grumble a little? Maybe. But overall, for the price, and the fact that I was basically only in the room to sleep and occasionally recharge my phone after getting hundreds of pictures of Nanjing, I was content. Don’t be expecting luxury here. This ain't a Ritz-Carlton. Just a clean enough place to put your head down.

The Breakfast! Tell us about the breakfast. Was it a deal breaker?

Okay, the breakfast… it exists. Let’s leave it at that. If you’re a breakfast fiend, someone who needs a gourmet spread to function in the morning, bring your own snacks. It was… simple. Think, a selection of… things. Noodles, some congee (rice porridge, if you're fancy), maybe some questionable pastries. I ate it. I survived. I fueled up for another day of temple-hopping. Is it a reason to book the hotel? Absolutely not. Is it a reason to avoid it? Probably not unless you are really picky. I was very happy however to run out to the nearby shops and get some amazing street food breakfasts for the same price.

Anything REALLY annoying about the GreenTree Inn experience?

Oh, there was one thing, actually. The Wi-Fi could be… temperamental. It worked sometimes, sometimes it didn’t. Which, when you're relying on it to navigate with Google Maps, or to send pictures home of the *amazing* food you eat, is a bit of a pain. But I bought a local SIM card, so it wasn't the end of the world. And one other thing: the air conditioning was… fierce. I got cold. Even in June, I had to turn it off, and I’m the queen of hating being too hot, so I made a little adjustment. Otherwise, I spent almost no time in the hotel, so honestly, I can't complain too much.

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Absolutely. Honestly? For the price and location, it's a steal. I'm a budget traveler, and I want to be in the middle of the action. The fact that I didn't pay five-star prices for a place that was a *short* walk from the Confucius Temple? That was a huge win. I'd go back. I'd pack some snacks for breakfast, and I'd mentally prepare myself for the occasional Wi-Fi blip. But for everything else? Yes, I'd definitely stay at The GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple again. The location. The location! I could just go there right now. Ah, yes.

What was your single most memorable moment there? Lay it on us.

Okay, here's the story... Picture this: It's my first night. I'd been flying or traveling, I don't even remember, I was completely wrecked, and all I wanted was a hot shower and bed. So, I find my room, fumble with the key card (which, by the way, worked about 40% of the time), finally get in, and flop onto the bed. Relief. Then, I hear it... a rhythmic *thump, thump, thump*. Coming from… somewhere. I start to panic. Is it the dryer? Is there a construction site? I start trying to figure out where it is, because I was so tired, but that thump, thump, thump was driving me nuts. Turns out, the air conditioning unit was somehow stuck in a mode where it was constantly making a *thump, thump, thump* sound. Imagine trying to sleep with that! I had to call the front desk, which was a hilarious exercise in charades because my Mandarin is, well, non-existent. They were really nice, bless their hearts, but it took about 20 minutes and a LOT of pointing and miming to get it sorted. The guy came up, fiddled with the thing for like, 30 seconds, and *poof!* Silence. It was the most blissful silence I've ever heard. I fell asleep and, honestly, after that, everything was fine. But that initial *thump, thump, thump*? Pure hotel-stay comedy gold. And, it turned out, a really good story. And, really, that's what traveling is all about, right?

World Wide Inns

GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple Sanshan Street Subway Station Express Hotel China

GreenTree Inn Nanjing Confucius Temple Sanshan Street Subway Station Express Hotel China